View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2019 at 01:44 PM

Thanks Rechu! Those are all really good ideas... and really funny that your dogs went crazy with the reggae music !

I'm going to keep these in my back pocket - the dogs have been quieter yesterday and today, even when she's been gone for work, and I hate to rock the boat even more. I guess I feel bad that the only times I really get in touch with her are to complain about the dogs... I don't mean to be, but I'm also dealing with all my own stuff (of course) and not interested in being super friendly with my neighbors. I'm fine with polite and chatting if we happen to run into each other, I don't want to actually "get together". (Only mentioning because she's mentioned that I can "stop by for some wine" at any time - I feel so awkward - first I'd hate to have someone randomly knock on my door expecting to visit, without asking if it's a good time, and second, I don't drink, and third... I don't think I want to set that precedent!)

I love your suggestions though, and I'm going to save them and think about working them in to casual conversation if it comes up, face-to-face I bet leaving music/tv on is a huge help... because it probably hides a lot of the outside noises that tend to set them off!

And, yeah, I think she needs to do some training with them. When she's got them on the leash outside, they go nuts when they see me - barking and acting crazy, and she has a hard time quieting them down. Even if I'm just talking to her - very casual, friendly. But, I'm not sure there's a nice way to say, "hey! You, your dogs, and I would all be MUCH HAPPIER if you'd think about actually training them!"

Thanks!!!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote