View Single Post
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2019 at 08:20 AM

I agree with the skin care aspect. I was trying to understand why foundation isn't for me-it takes away my natural glow to be honest. I have genetic under eye circles/darkness so it doesn't matter how much or how little sleep I get with those. But I have been working on discovering the right combination of moisturizer and light concealer/setting powder to cover that in a non caked on way. My eyes and lips have always and will continue to be my makeup focus. Sometimes I wear eye shadow sometimes I don't. Mascara and lipstick or gloss have been and continue to be my go tos.
I double cleanse my skin most nights. I use a wash off mask/two actually one to exfoliate(gently) and one to hydrate about every two to three nights. I use moisturizers and a serum. Added retin a not too long ago as I was 'blessed' with the dreaded 11. That seems to be helping.

To add...sometimes I wear a primer as a foundation, one that has a collagen feature to it. And of course to add...sunscreen is important.

To summarize... A good must have look to a beauty cabinet/shelf includes a good cleanser/toner/serum or essence or oil/moisturizer/spf.

If you're looking for affordability...my recommends would be the ordinary or mark badescu. They are natural lines. I have been using but switching from an mlm and have those next on my list. My own personal collection looks different at the moment. These products All have shelf lives. But there's so much out there and everyone's skin care is different.

Last edited by healingme4me; Feb 20, 2019 at 08:38 AM..
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote