View Single Post
coralproper
Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2007
Default Mar 13, 2008 at 08:48 PM

thanks all, as I said before, I know its nothing fancy, and you have to be into antiques to understand its value but, it has a power to it that keeps me living on the property but , I will be building a new house in the future, just on the same property

interestingly I learned a great deal about the original owners and builder today

there is a country store within veiw of the north end of the house, and the owner a late 80's year old lady was taking my order at the grill, and she knew who I was , I started talking to her about the house and she said that it was her great uncles and carried me to the back of the store where there are alot of old pictures on the wall of her family, she showed me a picture of him (her great uncle) with his dog, a very old picture, I snapped a shot of it with my nextel, and she said I can take it and have a copy made, his name was Frank Jackson and his wifes name was Martha, she said they never had any children

then she invited me and my family to her church just down the road, she said they are a very small methodist church, of about 52 members
coralproper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote