View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2019 at 08:15 PM

This is how you perceive yourself. You don’t want to be a burden but you aren’t. You have a trauma or an illness and professionals are there to help with this for this reason, to treat you and help you. Mental issues, as physical ones can have a bettering or maybe not. At least not until different treatments are applied. Health Field is not exact science. There are researchers, treatments more or less effective but in the end, there must be a doctor who identifies the illness and a person who suffers the illness and whose body, mind are gonna respond to a treatment.
The relation between you and the person who is treating you is a very important starting point. And it has to be based on reciprocity. So, don’t blame you. There are also professionals that for one or another reason don’t get to connect with the patient or don’t see clearly the best way to help him. The most honest a doctor can do is to communicate this to his patient and even guide him to find the best help and the person who may help him the best.

Don’t give it up with it. The most relevant is that you feel comfortable with the doctor. If you see you aren’t comfortable with one, it’s totally normal. It happens all the time to people. Look for another one. There is no burden or blame here.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, OliverB