View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Feb 24, 2019 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
Seriously! I remember being in the hospital when the lactation clinician came around and asked why I wasn't breastfeeding. I kind of scowled and said that all that had been severed due to my own reduction surgery. It must have been baby #2, I was so fed up with nurses after baby #1, for 1)refusing to come grab him like they said they would if I needed him to go to the nursery and 2) for huffing and puffing at the thought of my husband staying in the room with me with baby #1.
I became a "just shove off" type after dealing with my first borns collick the lack of real support after all those platitudes. I'm sure there's many other things that hardened that side of me somewhere along the way.
I am so sorry that you didn't have thoughtful and caring nurses, Healingme4Me. What a vulnerable and special time to be experiencing such a profound lack of empathy. Sorry that happened to you. My older siblings were born during a time when men were not allowed in the delivery room. I was shocked when my mother told me that years after the fact. Bizarre. How lonely for the mothers. I imagine. Since I have not been there.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me