Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2019 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
Have you talked about it with a psychopharmacologist or an experienced psychiatrist?

There are some meds that can induce liver issues but that they are not more likely to cause them on people who already have some liver problems (like tianeptine that can be taken by alcoholics who had developed liver dysfunction even if tianeptine by itself can cause liver failure). Other meds are metabolized a lot by the liver so if your liver functions less than normal, it can be fixed by taken a lower dose.

Tricylic antidepressants damage yout heart when OD, on standard dosage they are not that dangerous. AP can cause heart probelms too (they prolonge QT interval and it may end up causing an arrhythmia).

Cardiovascular effects of therapeutic doses of tricyclic antidepressants. A review. - PubMed - NCBI

It's much more complex than a list of side effects...
Thanks for your feedback. I did not get all of my information from a list of side effects, psychiatrists have told me what some antidepressants can do, too. I read a lot of journal articles, too, for my information. Often, there are debates on various findings. Anyways, doesn't matter now..not going to take any more antidepressants because I am now taking Gabapentin for depression and anxiety as well as nerve pain. I feel much better on it than any antidepressant class med. I've been on. They all gave me nervousness, sexual dysfunction, stifling of emotions, sleep disturbances and then there were other effects I had, too, that I no longer have without them, thank God. So glad I was prescribed Gabapentin. I also am working on being more active, getting busier doing productive things, listening to music as a therapy, and am feeling much better as a result. All the best to you.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote