Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Wow... what am interesting thread! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I'm not sure what to even say about myself. (I undoubtedly also couldn't be diagnosed as having BPD at this point in my life. I've thought sometimes, when I was younger, it might have been possible I could have been. But I don't really know.)

My own "issues" started well before I even have any conscious memory. And in fact, to a large extent, I don't even recall realizing that what was going on with me had anything to do with mental health. I had been doing everything I was doing for so long it was just what I did. At some point, I began to develop a sense that it was not "normal". But it was still my "normal", if that makes sense. Of course the other problem was that way back when I was young no one talked about mental health issues. They were something to be feared, ashamed of & hidden. I learned very early in life, I don't know how, that there were things about myself I must never tell anyone. And so I didn't. (I still don't for the most part.)

I think I had pretty good parents considering the times during which I grew up. By today's standards they were, perhaps, lacking. But you can't judge what occurred 60 years ago by today's standards. (At least that's what I keep telling myself.) I think if they had had a normal son, all would have gone well. But a normal son is not what they got & they had no idea what to do. So they did nothing. And everything simply developed as it would. That's all I can say...
Thank you. It seemed to me a good idea to introduce ourselves and knowing better among us, at least, the most habitual ones in this sub forum.

In regards to your reply, you explained it very well and still I think you have to be very cautious with who you share any psychological issue with. I’m not saying that people are out there as crocodiles waiting to know about our weaknesses to snap us. But the outcomes, in the end, may be not the best for us.
That takes me to my second reason for this thread. It might help people to express themselves here, with more people, if it saved them from sharing with one particular individual, that perhaps, could be more risking.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote