Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Haven't been here, been struggling with pain and physical therapy and "things." Haven't read the posts. Don't have the energy to catch up.

Wishing everyone all the best for their lives. We can all do this One Day At a Time..

I was thinking about it and no one deserves the way we beat ourselves up. All's we've done is try to live in this crazy society that puts too much value on outward looks and makes us hurt.

I hope you all have a good week.

So sorry Lucy. I'm the same with keeping up with posts.

I HATE the images society forces us to feel we need to meet to be an acceptable or good person, especially for women (though I know there are plenty of males with EDs too).

I also hate that there are also all these pro-ED sites & forums that drag in a lot of young teenagers and basically cause them to want to be anorexic, tips, daily updates, triggering stuff, photos, etc., and then what do you know, they become anorexic and/or bulimic? I was already deep into anorexia before going to one of those sites when I was in college (they cloak themselves a bit since my college days, but you definitely still can find plenty out there, you just have to look for the right stuff/sites to get there). I belonged to a couple recovery forums that were once very active, some are gone, and the active ones maybe get a couple posts in 2 weeks, if even that.

Hollywood makes it seem glamorous to have anorexia (like it's the golden standard of eating disorders everyone should aim for), and the reality is that it is not glamorous at all, it sucks so, so, so much, just like all eating disorders suck.

I've run across studies that estimate at least 3 out of 4 women have some sort of disordered eating thoughts or habits, even if they do not have a diagnosed ED, will do things like skip a meal because of their weight or feelings about their images. That is just messed up.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
LucyD

Thanks for this!
LucyD