View Single Post
piano97

Member Since Dec 2015
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 26, 2019 at 09:36 PM

Ya'll are seeing the wrong people LOL. Sorry. And I think may be making it more about 'them' than 'you'. And/or 'they' are doing that to you. It's your life. Take it by the ballz and run with it. If after a few sessions that is not happening, or doesn't seem to have potential for that to happen, yes, bail. And keep looking.

I'm blessed and thankful to live in a pretty good sized city, I can walk there if needed. Which is pretty great bc I don't always do well driving like I used to.

Not everyone has that, but find it to best of ability. If not possible, move. If not possible, I keep seeing all of this on-line therapy stuff. Seems kinda BS, but probably isn't completely. They put Michael Phelps picture on it. LOL. Take that for what it is. I think he's handsome but that's just me.

Don't give up. Hang in there.

Read my previous post again, start to finish. Promise there's a decent chance it will help. It's long. I'm maybe a little bit tiny hypomanic but go with it. Who cares. I took a shower today, cooked, left the house multiple times, and functioned within society. If that is not success, I dunno what is. Can I hold a job right now? No way in hell. Maybe someday. Can I be in 'dating' relationship right now? Unlikely. Maybe someday. Do I have a 'normal' life? No, lol. But who cares. I'm comfortable in my own skin. And working on a functional recovery, day by day. It will lead to those other things I mentioned, or at least it's a heck of a lot more likely. Don't look down on yourselves. You are wonderful and beautiful. This thread is about therapy. I don't think you should ever leave the room feeling 'bad' or 'worse'. Either they are not well-skilled and trained enough, or you are not in a place to do well with it. And if they are skilled and well trained, they can bring you into that space and place. I'm afraid to say it, but you are likely to be trapped on medications as a sole crutch without solid therapy. Medication is needed, but we largely are way over-medicated, and it's a band-aid. Some, yes. Cool. But there's a balance. Good T = helping you acheive that balance. The alternative is low QOL, and shorter lifespan from meds. I'll stop and not write anymore tonight lol. Take care of yourselves, don't give up, and hang in there. Last thing I'll say, is exercise daily. See it as medication, and these other things too. Oversimplifying...yes. But who cares. Live your best life, and meet yourself where you are. You are OK, and worthwhile, and were created just the way you were meant to be. Don't strive, nor compare. Just be you, crazy and all. Your brain may not work like others. But you are not others. U r U. Accept it and embrace it.

Last edited by piano97; Feb 26, 2019 at 10:00 PM..
piano97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Calypso2632, MickeyCheeky