Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I noticed in my early 20s that I began to have happy feelings towards bad things. Like seeing someone wounded in an accident or hearing about a murder. I even catch myself smiling at these things from time to time but I dont really think they are funny. Well a part of me does though. What could this be?
in me this was called normal. when you think about it children are "conditioned" to laugh at things like this by...

tv shows (america's funniest videos, laurel and hardy, the three stooges and others ) all contain watching people get hurt then laughing about it.

in high school what happens - students heckle each other for falling, getting hurt, making a joke of getting hurt

the internet is no stranger in this kind of thing... just go to facebook and see all the dangerous "challenges" that people are doing to harm their selves and then laugh and joke about it.

its no wonder young adults find hurtful things to be funny and interesting.

on a more personal note my treatment providers call it in me...... Normal
or suicidal/ homicidal ideations or intrusive thoughts depending upon why I am having those thoughts and which mental disorder its related to. (purposely not posting which disorders in me this is related to because I dont want to activate your hypochondria problems more.

we can not tell you what this is with in you. only your treatment providers can tell you what this is in you. my suggestion is contact your treatment provider and let them know about this, then they will be able to tell you what this is called in you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky