View Single Post
NightRain2019

Member Since Feb 2019
175 hugs
given
Default Mar 03, 2019 at 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmina View Post
My anxiety is off the scale at the moment, I have resisted medication for a long time and still want to avoid psychiatric dirty drugs but am willing to consider something more natural like CBD, possibly. The question is, is it really effective and if so what's the therapeutic dose? It could get expensive so I don't want to waste my money on an ineffective dosage level.

Also, I want something to take the edge of my anxiety but not that's going to tranquilise me or cloud my mind.
I’m kind of in the same boat. I tried various meds years ago & for the most part it was a disaster. Only one thing (a short-acting prn med) worked for me. I took it on & off for years with very consistent results, but lately (hormone changes?) it just doesn’t work the same. Yesterday a half dose knocked me out for hours. I haven’t needed anything for years, but now I do, so am checking out CBD. I’ve tried it for pain & find that results vary depending on what form it’s in. I would expect results at a much lower dose than what you mentioned. Everyone is different though & I tend to be kind of sensitive to meds. I’ve tried smoking it (helped w mood), eating those little chocolate hearts (I think 13 or 15mg- helped a lot w migraine, but when I tried it for mood it seemed to make me a tiny bit nervous), and eating part of the gummy worms(each worm =100 mg- I took abt 18 mg). The gummies didn’t make me nervous, but took longer to work for pain and the effects didn’t last as long. Though I took them for sciatica, which is a different kind of pain. Too bad, as they were cheaper.
I haven’t done enough consistently equivalent experiments to know how it will work for me but I plan to experiment a bit more. Someone bought me a bottle of the oil but I haven’t tried it yet...
NightRain2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady