rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 07:53 AM

Thanks Guilloche and Sisabel.

I agree Sisabel. Reporting those creeps had the potential to cause more trouble than it was worth. Only we and our neighbor friends (whose bike was hit) share a wall with them. We share a wall in the yard between the houses and a wall of the house, they share a wall in the yard. So, they probably would have assumed it was either us or them and retaliated.

For some reason a friend (who doesn’t live here) became over-invested in convincing me to report them. I don’t quite get why, she kept saying I owed it to the other neighbors. If the other neighbors want to file complaints with the police or municipal authorities, they are free to. It makes no sense for me to when I am moving soon. I can just imagine being cited to come make a declaration months later, when I am not even living here.

Another big step towards moving: we sent a certified letter to the owner on Saturday giving 30 days’ notice that we are leaving. I don’t think she is going to take it well, sadly. At her age she is not going to want to fix up the place and find a new tenant. I can imagine her coming over and telling me we are putting her in a tough situation, but it’s not like that’s going to change our minds. The house is bought; there’s no going back.

These steps like giving notice are helping my mood. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and we are both off work. We are going to go furniture shopping for the new place. We got a giftcard for about US$3000 from the builder for several different stores including a home improvement chain and a department store chain, so we decided to get mostly new things - new place, new things, new vibes. The 6th he starts staying at the new place. And yeah, nice for me, it should be almost move-in ready.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote