Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Or something? I dont think a guy can say hes "all in" to a gal without it having certain implications. Which came first, the thought about trust, or the joke about "all in"? Arent you kind of putting him into a position of HAVING to be an asshole, by flirting with him and making him reject you? So who is being the butt? That is, who is the angry one?

This is why i like this this guy. He acknowledges the anger is there every day. He doesnt deny it and save it up to smash into a wall.
Oh, I wasn't using "all in" as a joke--I hadn't even considered that to be honest...I certainly wasn't flirting with him in that regard. (Besides, I don't normally flirt with people while sobbing...) I think I only actually used the phrase "all in" once, and it regarded me.

I'll just have to figure out different phrasing to use today, I suppose. "Committed"? "Dedicated"? I feel I can't use that in regard to him though, because he would say he already *is* committed/dedicated to me. And I believe he is. I think I want him to want me to be committed to him, in a therapeutic sense. Does that even make any sense? I don't know...It's like I want him to be like, "Just trust me, have faith in me." Why am I looking for that? What's that about?

And I guess he's just being honest/realistic in his "Maybe I'll be an asshole and you'll opt to leave thing." But hearing those words doesn't help my insecure/preoccupied attachment. It's just making me *want* to keep one foot out the door. Maybe it would do the opposite for him, because sometimes I feel like his brain is the opposite of mine (which can be very helpful at times). So he's trying to use that technique on me, when really it just makes me want to run away. Well, I suppose I've rambled my way into a few possible, nonsexual-innuendo-laced topics for today...
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Polibeth