View Single Post
clydeblack

Member Since Mar 2018
249 hugs
given
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Hey guys, thank you so much for all of your responses! I did not anticipate this much engagement and truly appreciate it.

I've been wanting to do DBT for a while. Unfortunately, I can't do group because I'm in school. That's also why I had to "break up" with my therapist, my schedule is crazy this year.

But, I'm looking into some type of DBT program/practitioner anyway. I REALLY hope I can find something. I've been in talk therapy for so long, and really need tools to use in everyday life. Luckily I am functional enough to do basic activities, so that's good.

Also, I am not a fan of the American medical system, especially in terms of medication. Now, I only let my doctor from my country prescribe it (have been seeing her since I first started medication), and she only gives me what is necessary. Therapy has always been the main factor in managing everyday moods.

I can feel myself slipping under a little bit, but then I go back up. Hopefully, I can find some sort of useful therapy before things get too dark. For now, I am still hopeful that there will finally be something life-changing out there. I bought a DBT handbook which I have yet to try. It has really good reviews! If it works I will share it with you guys.

To everyone who says they are untreatable, I completely understand. I knew someone close to me who had the same problem, and it didn't end well... However, part of me thinks there was something out there for them, and it was that they had made up their mind about the decision to end things because the doctors had decided to give up. I hope there is something out there for you so that you don't have to suffer the same consequences.

Anyway, I always enjoy reading your stories.
clydeblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote