Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
Raynaud syndrome - Wikipedia

They don't know the cause in a lot of cases, not mine anything. But it can hurt awfully. It's a vasodilation thing that happens in the extremities, usually the fingers, brought on by cold and/or stress. Kind of hard to explain which is why I included the link above.

Some medications can trigger it. I thought maybe the Adderall, but then, I was off it for nearly a week (problems with insurance paying for it), and I still didn't have it this morning, so no, I don't think it's the Adderall. Could be something linked to a rheumatic issue as I do have fibromyalgia, and an aunt with lupus, but really, they don't know. I've had it since 9th, 10th grade though. It is just a lucky thing I live in a climate that tends not to get very cold, but it will get mildly triggered by cold doctors' offices, things like that. Not as bad as this though.
Just looked at the link. Sounds painful! Do you take anything when you have a flare up? I see there are some things you can take. I'm glad it's not real cold there a lot!

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,