Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2019 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
. . .
We can all exist together, even with mean, obnoxious people being however they are. Yes, even though that’s triggering to the sensitive people.
For me, trying to learn how to exist with those who seem mean and obnoxious, or just lost in their own world, has been one of the things I have come to PC for, and have found helpful here.

I understand how the triggering can be very unhelpful to some people, though. And trying to push back, through the triggered emotions, can be overwhelming, especially if people didn't develop the skills and ability to do that growing up. Which is a good reason to come here for support! So, I think it's a kind of catch-22.

Hence, there are the moderators. They can point things out to members, with the voice, or keyboard, of "authority". And although I didn't like the idea of reporting things when I first came here, there is a place for that sometimes.

In the long run, for me, it has been more helpful to learn how to try to tolerate and exist with, and sometimes respond personally to, those I disagree with than it would have been if everybody was always nice.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote