LabRat27
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default Mar 09, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Oh that's an interesting question. The strong emotions started right when I had the aura (not everyone gets them, but for me it's like the bright spot you can get in your eye if you look at the sunlight, except it lasts for up to 20 minutes, can be flashing, and can obscure part of my vision). I thought it was me reacting to the fact that I had a migraine, but I wonder if they could have gone hand in hand? There is some research that migraines are related in some way to serotonin levels, so could make sense. I often will get them during the PMS week, so maybe I tended to attribute strong emotions to that, but this is like 5 days too early. Definitely something to consider, thanks! And might make me feel better if the emotions aren't just me overreacting or being unable to handle something, but a chemical/neurotransmitter/hormonal reaction in my body.
I can also definitely imagine the migraine starting the strong emotions but the experience of having a migraine making everything worse.
I googled it at the time and found some references to it being one of the many weird possible migraine symptoms.
I find it also helps me manage them as I'm experiencing them. It seems to be better with my current meds (and actually taking them like I'm supposed to), but it used to be really bad.
Now that I know what's going on when it happens I can remind myself that it will pass and I won't feel that way the next day and, while the emotions/pain are real, that does not mean they are reflective of reality... I'm feeling like a complete incompetent failure because of PMS, not because that's the reality, and it does not mean I should impulsively take action on those feelings (SH/SI)

I'm glad you're feeling better, whatever the cause
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty