View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2019 at 07:20 AM

Thanks for the good thoughts guilloche. The work my husband wanted to do hasn’t advanced as far as we hoped because one of our dogs got sick. Yesterday he ordered the rest of the stuff he needs for the patio and did a lot of cleaning out old papers. We both did, actually.

This morning he headed out early to receive the materials we ordered and restart the work. We have a number for a local person to do the gas hookups and the roof of the laundry room, so he is going to call him today. He’ll stay overnight and then come back here tomorrow afternoon since we have to take the dog back to the vet for a check-up.

We got very lucky over the weekend. Heading to the grocery store, we noticed that there was a lot of old furniture out on the sidewalk and realized that it was one of these days the municipal government holds where you can drag out stuff you don’t want and they will cart it away for free. Usually they charge. So, we quickly went back home and dragged out a bunch of stuff we don’t want to bring with us. I had been checking their website to see if one of those days was scheduled, but hadn’t seen anything.

We ordered the bed/nightstands yesterday and they will be delivered on Friday. We already have office furniture, a minibar and futon set up at the new place. The builder gave us a gift certificate for several stores including a home improvement store and department store, so we have been making good use of that to furnish the new place. So far, we’ve only used about 35% of the amount, so we should be able to buy a new refrigerator and washer as well.

The letter to the landlord saying we are leaving was received. So far, not a peep out of her, which is surprising. Even the woman who helps her out, who is quite a gossip, hasn’t said anything. I had expected her to mention it. She lives right across the street and has to have seen us loading stuff into the car even if the landlord didn’t mention it.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote