Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Lounger View Post
Oh, how I understand your anxiety! It is completely feasible fearing a floor collapse while in the bath.

Though I am reminded of a laughable scene in the The Pink Panther, where Inspector Clouseau and Kato go crashing through a wall into someone's bathroom!

I was wondering though, could you have room for a sit-in bath? They are about half the size of a standard bath, taking far less space while allowing a nice relaxing soak. I've just had a browse and found Armitage Shanks make 'Showertub'. It is lower priced, enabling choice of shower, or tub and yet is made from lightweight reinforced acrylic.
Thanks Velvet Lounger! I'll take a look at the sit-in tubs... though I think that one day I'll either just move out and try to find someplace a little better, or redo the bathroom... if I do that, I'd definitely want to replace the tub - and also have them check the floors/walls to make sure there's no water damage that would make it unsafe!

I mean, it's *probably* fine... lol. But, you know!

I wish I could move... but everything around here is really expensive, and I don't really feel stable/settled right now (i.e. I'm not loving my job!)

I really wish I hadn't chosen something quite so old as my first home. I didn't realize what a pain it was going to be.

Thanks!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Velvet Lounger

Thanks for this!
Velvet Lounger