Velvet Lounger
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2019
182 hugs
given
Default Mar 12, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
Thanks Velvet Lounger! I'll take a look at the sit-in tubs... though I think that one day I'll either just move out and try to find someplace a little better, or redo the bathroom... if I do that, I'd definitely want to replace the tub - and also have them check the floors/walls to make sure there's no water damage that would make it unsafe!

I mean, it's *probably* fine... lol. But, you know!

I wish I could move... but everything around here is really expensive, and I don't really feel stable/settled right now (i.e. I'm not loving my job!)

I really wish I hadn't chosen something quite so old as my first home. I didn't realize what a pain it was going to be.

Thanks!

Thank you, too.

If you decide to move, apply for a ground floor apartment as these are usually cheaper since the higher you go, the more one has to pay. A ground floor apartment would mean no more worries of unexpectedly plunging through the floor. At least that is something!

Living in London where I hail from, everything is expensive. But I found not only an antique slipper bath, but also a splendid gas range made by La Cornue. The slipper bath was an indulgent expense, but that stove was at a fraction of its original cost. Just keep shopping around, look at the small ads, search around on google. You shall find, I guarantee you will.

There are some lovely showers including one that will fit above your bath. The shower has shatterproof safety glass. To economize further, look for a shower head made by EcoCamel. They come in standard fittings, but their star buy is they save water! And give a lovely spritzy shower. This is done by mixing air into the shower's water, thus saving money. I'm sure you'll find similar in the US.

I'd take advice from a builder about waterproofing your bathroom walls. Usually it's a membrane or some sort and shouldn't be expensive.

You hold me still,
I always did,
I always will,
Love you, love you, love you.
Velvet Lounger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche