Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Chaos View Post
"You have to believe that something better will come" is something that my counselor repeatedly tells me. I don't. For nearly half a century, the world has shown me that nothing better comes. And, if it does, it doesn't last very long. How does one believe when faced with so much evidence that is contrary to what I'm being told to believe?
Oh, do I know this feeling. I can sooo relate. My whole life was like that. One bad thing after another...

but I kept fighting and pushing through it all, believing in myself the whole time that I personally could overcome all the massive challenges that kept coming my way.

And trust me, it really was one thing after another after another, for years. So I can relate to the feeling you describe.

I finally caught a break in life, and it did happen, whereby things started to turn around and change. BUT it took fighting through. It took not giving up -- and mostly, not giving up on myself.

Anyways, I am just sayin'... things CAN change in life. But I understand your sentiments completely.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127