View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default Mar 15, 2019 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
There HAS BEEN a growing effort towards awareness, there really has. As I have mentioned, changes happen slowly.
What you don't realize and what you don't take into account is that the opposition is growing faster than your "awareness". It doesn't matter if there is a "growing effort towards awareness" when ignorance and hate explodes in leaps and bounds. You cannot focus on awareness in isolation.

Quote:
If you continue along this vein of blaming and lashing out at others, you will do nothing to contribute to the solution.
I fundamentally don't believe your solution will work, and will likely aid the enemy, and I have evidence to back this up. If I'm not "contributing" to your "solution", then that is a bonus.

Quote:
This method has NEVER worked and only ends up not only costing thousands and thousands of lives but ends up causing a great deal of anger and emotional suffering where many people end up suffering from PTSD, this is not something new in humanity, what IS new is realizing how so many human beings did actually suffer from it which turned out affecting their children.
The only way to get people to understand is to make everyone suffer from PTSD - that's the only way they'll "get it". That's the goal, not the thing to avoid. People will never learn until they suffer what they inflict - that's the only way the human brain works. Human beings are too stupid to understand PTSD any other way.

Quote:
Honestly, there is no such thing as "normal" to begin with.
Strictly speaking, I should have said "socially acceptable". Mea culpa.

Quote:
Also, while there are people who choose to remain ignorant, there are a growing number of people that are actually listening and trying to take steps towards making changes.
Again, the piddling amount of people "actually listening" are irrelevant next to the armies of ignorant people. You do not understand scale or ratios. They matter.

Simply put, you put too much faith in a species who has spent the entirety of history proving that it deserves exactly no faith. Until you dispose of this faith and rely on only what you can force, you will not make any significant gains. This is a war, not a tea party. The losing side dies.
TheUrOther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote