View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2019 at 07:00 PM

i started researching because i didn't get good results from my 1st shrinks 1st and 2nd tries. later on, i found out that individual had a routine...if a patient presents with A, prescribe X. if that fails, B...all very formulaic. not surprisingly, that doctor had some seriously dissatisfied former patients.

so...now, it seems that the prescriber who treats me listens but also has the final say so. i try to keep my daily intake to 3 psych drugs or less (thank goodness, no Rx treatments for any other problems). i don't like sedating drugs. i like to keep the dosage a bit below the max, when possible. i like to at least have someone take a look at me, for signs of TD, now and then. and...

now and then, i like to try to drop the antidepressant and do without. sometimes it works for a year or 2, other times...nope. and i dont like psych drugs that require tons of blood work.

so...to that end, i kind of "shop," because i refuse lithium, depakote, tegretol, clozapine, most antipsychotics, ssri drugs, ssnri drugs, and heavy cocktails.

but...having input also helps me, personally. and the results seem to be better than when i had shrinks tell me you need blah blah blah, do blah blah blah, pay the office people on your way out, buh bye.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote