View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default Mar 15, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I am sorry but I can't join in with "all socially acceptable people" need to be forced or are all bad in someway. I don't desire anyone to experience what I have to care or see what I have/experience with this ptsd challenge.
How else are they going to stop abusing us, if they're hostile to the very idea that we're their equal, and deserve an equal place in society? How do you expect them to change without being punished for what they're doing now? No matter what you might want them to do, no reward will make them change - rewards show where you want them to go; they cannot initiate change by themselves. Ceasing an existing behavior and initiating change is what punishment is for.

If you can prove that a lesser punishment can get people to stop being comfortable where they are, then we can go with that - I'm not for excessive punishment. But no punishment won't work - humans need the carrot and the stick.

Also, the fact they consider themselves "socially acceptable" yet don't consider us so is literally what makes them bad - that is the definition of their badness. They're willing to ostracize us based on what they did to us - how can they be considered anything but bad?
TheUrOther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote