View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2019 at 06:33 PM

Just curious.....how do we personally distinguish between teasing & bullying?

The Difference Between Teasing and Bullying | PREVNet - Canada's authority on bullying

Yea, I was smart & there was teasing but I ALWAYS took it as a compliment & no one ever went past that. Maybe because I didn't react & just said "thanks"

My parents were dysfunctional but not in a harmful way (they just weren't there emotionally)

My daughter had an issue with one kid in her grade school class (late 80's) I initially tried to let her handle the situation on her own. When I found out it wasn't working I went to the teacher before school & had it out with her for not handling the situation & at the very least not having changed seats in the classroom with these two kids. I left telling the teacher that if I found out this behavior continued I would let my daughter "deck the &!#@#" & if it went to the principal they would be made aware of exactly what had been going on.

It was all resolved. My daughter knew I stood behind her & would take further action if needed but it was also her responsibility to stay away from this kid who was causing problems.

Know things like that usually aren't resolved so easily but it was nice that time it was & no other experiences ever came up. My daughter knew (& still does) that mom is the one to talk with when issues in life come up.

Good thing my parents never had the need to do that for me as they were basically incapable of standing up for themselves & were always surprised when I was the one sticking up for myself.

I WONDER just how much of that is nature vs nurture?

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter