View Single Post
Um0810

Member Since Jan 2019
7 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

I am so sorry you have to deal with this, its really terrible. The best advice I can give to you is to not take her bait and find someone you can talk to. Can you do therapy? Do you have a close friend or relative? If she speaks to you, other than answering yes or no questions, can you avoid anything else? If she happens to drag you into an argument, can you say something like:" i will not argue with you so I am going to keep quiet" then walk away and go to your room. Removing yourself from the situation is the only way to deal with this since you live in the same house.

This is why I asked if you could do therapy or had someone to talk to. You need to talk out your feelings and figure out why you feel like you always need to apologize. Part of the collateral damage with abuse is that the abuser makes the abused feel responsible for the behavior. We grow up thinking if we were different or did something "better" or different then everything would change. With an abuser it doesnt matter because they will find a reason to abuse you anyway. Once you are of age I encourage you to find other living arrangements so that you do not have to suffer the abuse day in and day out.
I understand, but i do not have a counsellor at school and have absolutely no one to talk to who could understand the intensity and seriousness of this.
Um0810 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote