View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Mar 22, 2019 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
I still have to bump into her occasionally at family functions. She's also local, and because I was naive enough to allow her to cross boundaries and encroach onto my contacts and friend-poach, we now have several mutual people in our lives.

She tries to find opportunities to isolate me whenever she sees me.

I catch her starring at me when I'm talking to someone else at an event, and as soon as that person leaves, she comes approaching me. Last time, I excused myself to go to the bathroom and found her standing in the hallway upon coming out. I walked past her really fast pretending not to see her, and immediately sat next to someone so she cannot isolate me. She soon came back into the party room and gave me the angry stare.

Like the therapist said,

"If, in fact, you have to interact with her or be around her, you need to develop some emotional shields so she can’t get to you."
So, is she your cousin then? I have a cousin like the cousin you describe. Well, actually two cousins who are brothers. One read my father's favorite poem at my father's wake, after I accidentally trusted him with the information that my plan was to read my father's favorite poem at my father's wake -- so my cousin did it impromptly, and everyone talked about how wonderful it was for months after that. I was livid, betrayed. I couldn't BELIEVE he'd do that to me. His brother, my other cousin and are friends on social media and whenever I try to initiate getting together with him and his family he always lies to me with the "I'm too busy with work" excuse, yet is on FB all the time. We have distant relatives in common on FB and I have no idea what/if he says anything negative about me to these people whom I've yet to meet (bc they live abroad in other countries).

How has your cousin friend-poached or encroached on your FB contacts? Did she just add FB friends after you added her?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote