View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Mar 23, 2019 at 08:27 AM

So for most of my life I have carefully chosen my friends / acquaintances. I spent my life working very hard to keep my body in good shape so that I won't be a bother to others.

But mostly I try to do everything myself and not ask for assistance.

So I am frustrated that people that aren't in my social circle -- that I don't even talk to, when they get sick, mostly because they never took care of themselves... other mutual acquaintances have to tell me about them and (of course) suggest I should feel and for them. (or help them).

My cousin - Sam - has MS. But he has spent his life getting high and sitting around his house. For some unknown reason my sister enjoys updating me on how bad he is doing. But I don't want to HEAR IT. He has a large family to take care of him, he has never tried to be healthy etc. Why do I have to worry about him?

My cousin Sarah - her husband was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Obviously I feel for her and him but, I don't talk to him, I don't know him, I don't want to hear about it! But my sister enjoys updating me.

My uncle James - has diabetes. He has spent his entire life NOT doing what he was supposed to to avoid this. And now that he is facing amputation of his leg.. I am supposed to care.

I am sorry to say that too too often I do find that when people have health issues very often I find out they didn't take care of themselves. But for some reason they don't want me to know that... this tends to make me these things could happen to me and depress me. So one reason I stop associating with people is when I know or suspect they are not serious about helping themselves. So I resent like hell when after cutting ties.. I am somehow thrown information about them.

Also, not one of these people have lifted ONE finger in my life to assist me. Why am I supposed to care about them? Why?

Also, I have had real good advice for people on their health forever and none of them have taken me up on them.

Grr so frustrated with my sister. I don't need this cloud hanging over my head.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky