Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 09:15 AM

I am glad you posted this question!

I have been in two tornadoes.

The first was when I lived in Arkansas. I was at a party. We heard the deafening roar of what sounded like a huge freight train go by. I could not hear people talking inches away from me; that is how loud it was.

Someone asked: “Where do we have railroad tracks around here?” So, someone turned a radio on and we found out a tornado has gone by.

It skipped us, but it landed on a street of several homes and obliterated every one. It flattened all. To this day, I can see that street of houses, flattened.

I remember that, but not about injuries or fatalities. There have to have been; we had no warning it was coming.

The second time I was on Highway 270 in St. Louis on my way to a doctor appointment. Rain came down so hard I had to pull over because I could not see the hood of my car.

I can’t remember how long it rained, but once it stopped, all I saw around me were cars at a dead stop on the highway. Everyone slowly got going again once we could see. A tornado hit a furniture store close to where we stopped.

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote