View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Mar 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
I am glad you posted this question!

I have been in two tornadoes.

The first was when I lived in Arkansas. I was at a party. We heard the deafening roar of what sounded like a huge freight train go by. I could not hear people talking inches away from me; that is how loud it was.

Someone asked: “Where do we have railroad tracks around here?” So, someone turned a radio on and we found out a tornado has gone by.

It skipped us, but it landed on a street of several homes and obliterated every one. It flattened all. To this day, I can see that street of houses, flattened.

I remember that, but not about injuries or fatalities. There have to have been; we had no warning it was coming.

The second time I was on Highway 270 in St. Louis on my way to a doctor appointment. Rain came down so hard I had to pull over because I could not see the hood of my car.

I can’t remember how long it rained, but once it stopped, all I saw around me were cars at a dead stop on the highway. Everyone slowly got going again once we could see. A tornado hit a furniture store close to where we stopped.

sounds sooo scary

I'm sorry you had to go through that
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter