Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
I get both! I'm in a relationship but will not marry. And I'm not having children so I get the Qs about my lack of a husband and lack of babies. Yes, many in Society believe that a woman's purpose in life is to be a wife and mother. So those of us who follow our own path are often deemed "deficient" or "confused" or "not real women" or "selfish." It's disheartening. That's why I started the thread. The more open we are with our individual truths, the more likely that people will start to see that there's > 1 way to live as a woman. Honestly, the toughest critics of unmarried women/women who choose not to have children are married women with children. Not all of them obviously but many. One single woman in her 60s has done a lot of research on it. She said that female Singletons often seem to trigger anxiety or resentment among married people just by existing. She even found cases of outright cruelty or aggression toward single women.

The study your mother mentioned is legit. I've heard of that one. Very interesting indeed.
Yes, I hear you!

I’ve learned over the years to ignore what other ppl say and think especially when it’s negative input about my own choices or life. It’s YOUR life. And that means choosing things that make you happiest.

Unfortunately the unhappiest ppl often are the most judgemental. So let them stew in their own juices! Lol.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076