Account Suspended
I_WMD has no updates.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
kimmydawn said:
</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
serafimetal said:
However, I will add that what is trauma to one child may not be trauma to another child. Also, what sounds relatively trivial now, may very well be highly traumatic to a small child...as we get older, we are more able to handle traumatic events. At least that is the "normal" pattern of development...once splitting has occured all bets are off! But that is another topic.

Sera

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

This is so true.

I *did* suffer abuse, profound and prolonged. However, I believe my initial splitting started when I viewed something horrific and the fears associated with that same thing happening to me.

************* POSSIBLE TRIGGER ****************

It could be considered abusive to force a child to walk *alone at 6* by a horrific crime scene daily to go to school...knowing she feared the person was hiding in a certain spot...waiting for her.

I believe then that I became much more due to the abuse that was just beginning at the same time as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that if there were "fears" strong enough for the child you to NEED to go away, disappear, not experience (not be the one to walk to school every day), then it could happen in my thinking.

I can't know that, though, because as I said, abuse was starting full-fledged, in different forms, at the time and continued for many years after...creating more and solidifying what had begun. I can't say that full-fledged DID would've been formed by just that initial horrible fear, but I can't say that it wouldn't have either.

KD

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post"> .

Alot here to think about in these two quotes ...I personally was trigged later in life <<< >>> Others saw the Dif at times and I was more aware / unaware ....

Once I was trigged to memories I was more >>> as a older peep >> I was able to understand the reasons for certain behaviors I had developed .

Kinda explained some things and I became less stressed as to the blackouts. I learned to follow time more ,, even if I lost whole days or weeks <<<< , IDK ??? Does that make sense or help?
I_WMD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote