eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2019 at 10:57 PM

I have had so many.....

The summer I graduated from high school my parents decided we should go to Yellowstone. There was a mommy bear & her cub in the street surrounded by people. I got out of the car to take a picture with a twin lense adjustable camera. I was standing behind the whole crowd looking into my camera. All if a sudden someone grabbed me by the arm & pulled me. I looked up from the camera & saw mommy bears paw swiping right at where I had been. I was safe but that was a close call.

Fast forward to my career which programmed military computer systems. I had a business trip to Macon Georgia's AF base. We flew from LAX to Atlanta then took a very tiny plane that barely flew higher than the tops of the trees. That was all uneventful. After days of meetings we headed back to Atlanta. Got on the jet to head back to LAX. The plane got almost to the end of the runway & came to a screeching halt instead of taking off. Everything inside the plane went flying forward that wasn't seat belted in. The stewardesses were white as sheets trying to recover. Turned out the pilot told us that an engine warning light went off at the last point to abort the take off & we were going to taxi back to the terminal & they would let us know what we were to do after they had it checked out. Turned out it was a faulty warning light & our business group ended up flying that plane back to LAX. When all the sudden stopping was happening we had no idea what was going on or if there was something more serious than just the screeching halt. Everyone was frightened at the moment it was happening. Glad it was nothing serious but it sure makes one stop & think about how safe planes really are.

So that is just a couple of the many scariest moments if my life...could probably write a book if these too.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CepheidVariable

Thanks for this!
CepheidVariable