View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 09:30 AM

You are not alone. That is very important to really hear in all of this. As an alcoholic, I have caused chaos and wreckage in my past. I am still cleaning up the pieces. What has helped me is to be accountable now. I may not have been accountable for the behavior or choices in the past but I can do that now, today. I can say sorry when I hurt someone and admit my human flaws. I am not infallible, and I know that I deserve to be loved and to love myself. My go-to phrase is: "that was then, this is now". Yesterday has passed, today has potential and to do the next right thing. I have made mistakes here with hurting other people and I value so much the opportunity to make it right when I get the chance. I have to work on feeling helpless when I cant. I just try and live my best life each day. I know deep down that I am a good person. Good people dont always make good choices and as long as they make amends they can move forward. Take a moment and breathe deep- all the way to your toes. Life is full of lessons and I dont know a single person that has ever learned from easy lessons. Its always the hard ones that leave the lasting impression.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky