View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 26, 2019 at 03:55 PM

The risk of cutting back on sleep is that bipolar episodes can be triggered. Having extreme work loads can also trigger bipolar episodes. Generally, it's a really good idea to get 8 hours of sleep. If you can handle "several jobs" then how about "several jobs" minus one of those jobs, to better finish the work that was only "partial" recently. I'm assuming the "partial" was related to your art school work? If it was related to one of your jobs, how about cutting down or eliminating that job or one of the others, instead?

We all want to be super humans and do EVERYTHING, all of the time, but it just isn't possible.

Let's say your doctor cut down your dose of Seroquel, or put you on a different medication that wasn't as sleep-inducing. Could it possibly de-stabilize you? If it did, then it's possible you wouldn't get anything done at all, let alone "partial work".

I strongly encourage you to discuss the issue you brought up with your psychiatrist and/or therapist. Are they fully aware of your workload?

"Rien ne sert de courir ; il faut partir à point."
- Jean de la Fontaine (Le Lièvre et la Tortue)

I think it's really difficult to fight Seroquel sedation! Sure, I'd rather be on a smaller dose than I am, but if I was, at this point, it would likely send me to the moon.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Mar 26, 2019 at 04:10 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
clydeblack

Thanks for this!
clydeblack