View Single Post
tecomsin
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
736 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 06:18 PM

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but my pdoc also has bipolar disorder. He has been out of hospital the whole time I have been seeing him (many years) and is supervised by another psychiatrist in order to be able to treat patients.

I tried years ago to get another pdoc but where I live in Canada you have to give up your psychiatrist before any other pdoc will take you. So even though he doesn't know much about the newer meds (he's in his 60s and I think stopped staying up to date a long time ago), I've kept seeing him. He also has 45 minute appointments so you have a chance to talk about things. Usually he just sits there and takes notes but today he spent the whole time talking about cutting away the bad part of ourselves with a meat cleaver. He was saying that our psychotic selves are psychopaths because of our fathers and that is one thing we have in common.

I really didn't have a chance to get a word in edgewise. He said he is on the verge of a manic episode and it helped me see how I must appear to others when I am starting to go manic. Anyway I will see him again as usual in a few weeks.

Isn't this a weird story?

2.5 mg olanzapine
tecomsin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi, Fuzzybear, saidso