View Single Post
RubySapphire

Member Since Dec 2017
15 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2019 at 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

How does she convince you you are wrong? Is it just because she is in a bad situation? or does she give other reasons?

Do you have kids or nephews/nieces/young cousins? How would you advice them if they were in a situation like this with their friends?
How has she been through a lot with you? Do you mean just because you have stayed in touch? How has she supported you through hard times?

Memories are not a waste. And if she was a best friend she wouldnt treat you this way. Even the good memories are not that good if they are overshadowed by her negative friendship.

We teach other people how to treat us, and if we allow poor treatment with no consequences that treatment will continue. Has she ever truly apologized for being this way? Has she ever admitted to being wrong? You are going to have to decided how much you are willing to take from her, and she will not change her behavior if you do not change yours towards her.
She convinces me I'm wrong by saying I'm overreacting to things shes said, or she says she didn't mean to. Or she sends me a whole paragraph of why shes treating me that way. like "This is happening in my life which is why I'm like this"

I would tell them if its this poisonous to get out of it, its not worth it.

She has supported me in the past, about 2 years ago, and very occassionally she does. She helped me stop talking to a man that was harassing me this year but 90% of the time she treats my issues as something not as bad as hers.

Shes apologized many times for things when I point them out to her, but it always happens again. And she apologizes for the nasty, insensitive things she says too, but it happens again. She strings me back along with these apologies and says stuff like:
"Im sorry Im such a terrible person"
"I'm sorry I've been so horrible"
"Sorry I'm not good enough for you"
"Sorry for making you feel that way"
"I hope you have a nice life, goodbye."

She also has a tendency to just walk out of arguments, telling "Goodbye" and not dealing with it for hours on end or days, which leaves me worried and upset about the argument for that same amount of time.

Last edited by RubySapphire; Mar 27, 2019 at 03:43 AM..
RubySapphire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Fuzzybear