View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Mar 29, 2019 at 04:33 PM

I feel the personality disorders are over-diagnosed. I agree that it's usually women who get labelled borderline. I was diagnosed borderline by a psychiatrist i saw when i was off meds and truly a mess. When i'm on meds and having high mood, i am a joy to be around. All my "personality disorder" traits disappear. That's why i firmly believe that i simply have a chemical imbalance in my brain -- bipolar. My negative "personality traits" when i am having low mood are just a symptom of depression. DBT and therapy are not useful for me. You can't reason me out of hypomania or depression. It's a chemical thing.

Also, i've never injured myself as "self-harm." I've never done it for relief or perverse pleasure. I've always done it for the purpose of suicide. I think a lot of women who are difficult at the moment of assessment get labelled borderline just because men do not like them.

I'd keep looking for a more sensible doctor. If you challenge a diagnosis of borderline they'll just take it as more "proof" that you're borderline.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
yellow_fleurs

Thanks for this!
wildflowerchild25