Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2019 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyOne View Post
I disagree that a GP is not a good source for an initial trial or two of psychiatric medications. Antidepressants are some of the most commonly prescribed medications and GPs prescribe them every day. Modern ADs are generally safe and have low side effect profiles.
Safe? Many psychiatric medications come with black box warnings about increased risk of suicide.

There is a ton of anecdotal evidence online of people going thru horrific withdrawal syndromes when trying to get off ADs.

There is research showing that drugged people tend to fare badly long term, not just mentally but physically (i.e. many organ systems effected). Investigative journalist Robert Whitaker has covered this extensively.

Far as i know, ADs do not treat any known imbalance or disorder. Rather they introduce pathology where none existed previously. And there is no objective testing to establish the patient's particular chemistry before the drugging begins.

Doctors hand these drugs out like candy, not because they work or are safe, but because it's profitable to do so, and it's easy, and nobody holds them accountable.

I think if you want help with the physiological aspects of sui thoughts or depression, functional medicine is worth a try.
BudFox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote