Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 30, 2019 at 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox View Post
There are not enough hours in the day to address the many fallacies and debunked myths you are referencing. I think you are confusing pseudoscience and corporate junk science with actual science. I used to believe these things too.

Psychiatry and pharma insiders have admitted that the narrative behind ADs is largely BS.

I know this thread is not about debating drugs, but discussions like this one can be kinda dangerous without diversity of viewpoint, and when industry propaganda is presented as truth.

I personally would not let any MD screw with my brain chemistry. Not if you paid me.

There are many interventions and remedies for depression and other afflictions that do not come with such hideous risks and side effects.

Functional medicine is root cause medicine. Conventional medicine is about suppression.

Therapy and psychiatry are the embodiment of pseudoscience. Clearly they can and do help some people, but let's be real.
I know you have strong opinions about meds and therapy. Is there any evidence at all that you would look at as reliable? Meds are not without risk, but just like I would not go so far as to say that meds solve everything and they are perfect for everyone with mental illness, I would not say they are the worst choice in the world and they will do nothing but harm you. I do not think either extreme is right.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote