View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Mar 30, 2019 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am sorry for your struggles with PTSD and your TBI. I agree with everything you said.

Well you can meet people online and have good relationships but you got to meet them pretty soon and you do have check who they are. I am not saying this guy is not even a veteran, I hope he is, but if relationship is strictly online who really knows.

Saying that, I’ve met my husband online, we are happily married and yes we are who we said we are. There was no fantasy though because we met as soon as we started talking and were dating face to face. It would be the same as if we met in a different venue.
Thanks. It is interesting that you and your husband met online and have had a successful marriage. But that is because you both were invested equally, and made the effort to meet each other in person.

I feel like if you live in two different countries, a long distance relationship is not realistic unless you have the finances to fly back and forth a lot to see each other. It takes a lot of work.

But my point with my post, as you noted, is that both people need to be equally invested in the relationship for it to work. I don't think Grace's boyfriend was equally invested, or he wouldn't have suddenly needed to disappear online altogether. That is highly suspicious to me, that he deleted ALL of his presence online so that Grace can't find him online anymore. Someone who is genuine, doesn't do that. He would have had at least told Grace to call him to maintain their relationship.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote