View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Mar 30, 2019 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Heck no. I am too busy to see someone long distance. We met on eharmony and indicated geographical distance of not more than reasonable driving to have regular dates. If you ever consider dating again, eharmony is more selective. And you have particular criteria and if you don’t like someone they can’t stalk
you. It’s designed that way

This guy maybe created a new social media account, so he couldn’t be found
Funny how online dating works for so many people. I tried ALL of those dating websites; Match, eHarmony, OkCupid, PlentyofFish. No luck. All I got out of that 5 years, was a 2 year off-on relationship with an emotionally/verbally abusive divorced man who told me what to eat, how to dress, isolated me from my friends and family, and tried to manipulate and control me. On his profile, he looked like Prince Charming; educator, volunteer, writes poetry and does pottery, semi-pro cyclist for a hobby, outdoorsman for a hobby, well-read, well-traveled, stable finances, good health. Handsome, fit. But NOPE. Total monster. Probably why his first wife divorced him.

He tried to play the victim with me about his divorce. I caught him telling a friend on the phone how he was going to break up with me, as he walked into my apartment, he didn't realize I was home at the time. I confronted him, we had a huge argument and he broke up with me when I caught him cheating on me with another woman via his text messages. Total mess. I will never use online dating again.

Even on Facebook. Eww. A guy I know through a mutual friend and have met a few times, sent me a drunk bed-selfie at 2 a.m. (himself, laying in bed) telling me on FB he thought I was attractive. As though that was somehow enticing to me? Um, no. He just looked like a pathetic, lonely, drunk guy on his bed at 2 a.m. How sad for him. Eww. Not someone I want to date unless he rehabs at Betty Ford for his alcoholism. Our mutual friend makes excuses for him b/c she has her own boyfriend I guess? He's a single father of a college aged child. He's a known ladies man, and is pretty much a drunk 24 hours a day. No thanks.

I think Grace's guy was a liar. Unless she returns to her thread to tell us she met him in person, my guess is, he was lying about his identity with her online and like you said, deleted his social media and created a new identity. I feel bad for Grace that this guy duped her. But, it definitely can happen.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote