Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 30, 2019 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
Do you like that? Sometimes it makes total sense to me that I can regulate the amount of contact, and sometimes I feel like I can't trust my judgment so she shouldn't either. Like, if I'm in control, it's going to get all messed up...
Having had all sorts of arrangements I do like being able to ask for as much contact as I need and he only regulates his replies. He has only seen me once outside of his regular hours and he came in an hour early for me. The session before I had been vulnerable, we made some progress but some things he counted on helping were not helpful. When he got to his desk he was mortified that he didn’t have openings the next week and I think he went to a training the week after... but I didn’t ask for it. He has expressed concern over my finances as my insurance will reimburse for him but not for the full amount and for very limited sessions... well below what we both know I will reasonably need yet alone want. I do worry about messing it up but he assured me that as long as I was being appropriate and accepting his limits that if he ever felt angry or resentment over my contact he would need to look at himself not me. and... that if I became angry about his limits then we would look at what the anger was telling us. He doesn’t jump to anger or boundaries easily. He was concerned when I knew something detailed about his family that he did not know was on his web page but we had a good laugh when I showed it to him. He was only concerned for their safety and privacy. Also, at the time (second session) he really didn’t know me at all to know if I was the type to go looking for his family or lash out at them... he has been doing this long enough that I am sure he has had clients who have or would.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote