Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2019 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
Yeah, we aren't vegetarians or vegans either, but I like vegetarian cooking a lot. Plus dealing with raw meat is icky. Budget Bytes has a ton of good recipes, both meaty and not.

I used to date a strict vegetarian who made a big deal about wanting me to stop eating meat. I tried, but I never could figure out what I could eat. Then I started dating my wife, who was sort of vegetarian and an excellent cook, and suddenly I was eating vegetarian almost exclusively without even noticing. Plus she did not care if I ate meat or not, which is part of why I married her and not the former girlfriend. Few people like being controlled...

This sounds a lot like me and my H, except with me in your wife's role. I'm vegetarian but didn't expect H to be one. But it's easier just to make meals that we both eat. And he seems content to eat vegetarian much of the time. He even often chooses to order a black bean burger (a housemade one at a local restaurant) or some other vegetarian options when we're out. He'll still often get meat out, but will often say he doesn't feel that well if he's had a burger or meatball sub. Then there's my D, who just eats the burger or hot dog off the bun...But she also likes some stuff like hummus, so maybe there's hope...

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ElectricManatee