View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 01, 2019 at 09:33 AM

I know what you mean Tallen. In the U.S. a lot of people have started to self-diagnose with Asperger's if they are socially awkward. Similarly, if someone is shy or socially awkward, I've heard others in the group label them as having Asperger's. Though living with autism or Asperger's is very different from simply having a shy disposition. There's been a similar trend with ADD...when I was in college it seemed like everyone around me had self-diagnosed with ADD...they seemed proud of it or excited by the prospect...it was a bit strange. A disturbing trend is among children...a lot of permissive parents are bringing their children to the doctor for medication and hoping for an ADHD diagnosis when what the child actually needs is routine, rules, and basic behavior modification. To be clear, I am -not- referring to children and adults who are actually struggling with disorders...just talking about the trend of people who want to self-diagnose or diagnose others without the relevant knowledge or training. Skeezyks' point about the transgender label was well made.

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Apr 01, 2019 at 10:26 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky