View Single Post
Skull&Crossbones

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 02:57 PM

Inviting someone to a music event would be less pressure for them but more for me. I’d have to find one I’m comfortable going to and actually want to go to.

What I really wish was if there was something I could help him with...I offered to help him with a class assignment since it was something I’ve done professionally (although on a small scale) but he didn’t want/need help on that so I’m not sure what to do next. If I invite him for coffee sometime, what would be the given reason? If he doesn’t want my help with anything in the classes we have together, then I don’t know.

The more I think about it, the more I realize asking someone to do something with me is unnatural. I rarely have any idea of what I would want to do and usually go with what other people suggest. I rarely even ask friends to hang out. My ex came up with most of the ideas of what we would do for dates. A lot of times I couldn't think of what to do. I liked going to bars...although he did like talking to other people if there was a group, the bartender, or some random person at the bar so sometimes I was waiting awkwardly for a while. One time he struck up a conversation with a stranger for an hour.

Maybe a bar is not a good choice anyway, but I can't come up with a reason to invite him to coffee.

Last edited by Skull&Crossbones; Apr 02, 2019 at 05:22 PM..
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky