View Single Post
rise13eyond

Member Since Aug 2018
120 hugs
given
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 11:33 PM

I didn't hear about this til much later in life, and I still haven't heard it talked about in a formal setting, such as by a mental health professional, but since having it myself I have heard many people say they relate. The the is there's a difference between this and daydreaming casually. Most people daydream when they'd got time to spare on occasion, but MDD is as stated obviously maladaptive. Meaning it hinders rather than helps. Though I have to say yeah, it probably is some kind of coping mechanism, or was meant to be in some way. A coping mechanism shouldn't really impair your day to functioning...Again that's kind of the meaning of maladaptive. I really don't think I can say much more about this without insulting someone, because it's only actually MDD if it gets in the way of everyday life, so I shall end there.

We are an awkward little system that obsesses over things. We are Sam, Beyond, Stacy, Kevin, Kitty, Shannon,Link, Peyita, Stephen, Nicole, Damon, Pumpkin, Illonor, Daran,LIly. Feel free to send random cute things.
rise13eyond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, happysobercrafter, KD1980, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky, TheNightWhistle