Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2019 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy momma View Post
And yes, there is a power thing going on. I have to check with him on pretty much everything. Last session we talked about how many classes I can take next year. I have to ask to go on vacation. He said I can’t go to Mexico this month but I’m going anyway (he knows). I’m supposed to check before I make any large purchases (I might have bought my pig a new $600 house this weekend without checking with him). I hate feeling like I can’t make my own decisions. I’ve told him this. He says I can but truly I can’t. In his defence I gave him permission to be this involved because I’m really really bad at managing my money and I suck at making decisions. But sometimes it’s frustrating.
This isn't something that would work for me and I'm not trying to be judgmental, but does it really work for you? If you're in such a financial hole that you can't go to regular therapy but you spend money on vacation and stuff that seems unnecessary, all while being frustrated that you are in a power-down position, is this really what is best for you? Seems like you have none of the benefits of curbing your spending that T's "authority" provides, yet all of the detriments of perceiving you are under someone else's thumb. You say you can't make your own decisions, yet you do, and it just seems like it's a kind of pretending that things are one way when they are really another, and that doesn't seem like it's a healthy way to live. If it's working for you, great, but I guess I don't see how it does, except it seems to keep you from making change that is more in line with how you are and want to live your life.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, ElectricManatee, elisewin, NP_Complete, Rive.