Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2019 at 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Granted its Wiki but I have seen cluster B mentioned before so I googled it. Is it its own thing? Or is it a larger category with the other personality disorders as sub-categories? Can anyone help me understand the clusters?

clusters are just things that share the same problems. example in mental disorders sometimes some mental disorders share the same problems symptoms.

personality disorders have symptoms / problems in common so closely together that they are grouped together. which is why its called a "cluster"

Cluster B (the grouping you are asking about) personality disorders all share the symptoms of being very drama filled / dramatic/ and unpredictable.... example instead of just saying something like I lost my job today, guess I need to hit the classified section of the newspaper, a person with the cluster B disorders would exaggerate and get very dramatic, emotional and suicidal. ..I lost the best job of my life because of some..... who did this that and the other thing what a piece of ... I might as well be .... I will never be able to find another job ..... my life is over.... on and on and on over exaggerating and being extremely dramatic/ emotional.

my point all cluster B disorders share these same symptoms/ problems so they are grouped together.

cluster A is the personality disorders that all share the problem of being paranoid, and cluster C is the personality disorders that all share the problem of fears/ phobias, strange behaviors and avoiding things.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets