View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Apr 04, 2019 at 03:38 AM

When I was younger, I loved that I could be a tomboy (it was discouraged by my mom but as a child, I loved trying to keep up with the boys) or dress up. I loved wearing my cowgirl boots with heels. I wore them in before/during/after kindergarten because I could put them on really fast (no ties) and sometimes in Middle School/HS because I had a horse that I rode nearly every day. I mostly wore blue jeans but also loved dresses.

I have been fortunate in that there have always been men in my life that wanted to help me and teach me about the world. First, there was my dad, then when I joined AFROTC, there were always boys and men who helped me. My AFROTC Commander became the Base Commander at the place I was first stationed. He was a wonderful mentor. The entire time I served in the military, I felt like there were always many men who "had my back". I experienced this in may other jobs also. And, of course, I have my husband and son who help me too.

I have always enjoyed my friendships with women as well. There were gfs in my life whom I felt like we were "of the same mind" and had wonderful adventures with. Every once in a while, I have found instant spiritual connections with a few of my gfs.

I enjoyed the experience of breastfeeding my children but could have done without the experience of childbirth. I love my relationship with my daughter.

As a petite woman, I feel like many people, animals and very young children are unafraid to walk up to me, tell me what they are thinking, that kind of thing. I have always known more about what is going on with our children than my H does and, ocassionally, have experienced, this dynamic at work too. Now that I am older, men still help me carry heavy things (sometimes we have to move barriers around in my part time job) which is a blessing since I lost a lot of strength after my attempt (but I am really working on trying to get back to my old self--I do yoga and a daily walk).

Last edited by Anonymous55879; Apr 04, 2019 at 04:18 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076